High Performance Training Centre
The Whistler Athletes' Centre is a proud partner of the Canadian Sport Institute and is home to their High Performance Training Centre, a world class Olympic and Paralympic training facility. Through the support of national and provincial partners, the Institute's team of sport scientists and medical experts provides programs and services to athletes and coaches to ensure they have every advantage to win medals for Canada.
The High Performance Training Centre caters to high performance and development sport groups looking to train in any season at any venue in the Whistler region, featuring:
- 4,000 square foot strength and conditioning gym
- 5,000 square foot gymnastics hall
- Recovery and regeneration rooms
- Change rooms with shower facilities
- Testing room
- Rental offices
- 1300 sq. ft. multi purpose room.
- Fully accessible building, including features such as accessible washrooms/showers and an elevator enabling access to the 2nd floor.
- In addition to the strength and conditioning gym, Canadian Sport Institute also operates a human performance testing lab and a recovery/regeneration room at the Whistler Athletes’ Centre.
The following athletes and teams can access the strength and conditioning gym for no charge:
- Sport Canada nationally carded athletes from across Canada
- National Teams (targeted summer and winter sports) from across Canada for training camps and/or competitions
- Provincially identified athletes (as per PSO eligibility criteria)
Please note that there is no public access to this facility.
Contact to train:
- Visiting Canadian athletes who are eligible to access the facility (per the criteria above), or international teams/athletes who are visiting Whistler for training camps or competitions, should email Craig Hill, Whistler Facility Lead, for team training camp gym access inquiries or to receive a brief orientation to the facility before their arrival.