First and foremost, the Centre caters to high performance and development sport groups looking to train in any season at any venue in the Whistler region. The Centre offers state-of-the-art strength and conditioning resources in addition to short and long term accommodation. While not limited to sports, the Centre also provides cultural and educational groups affordable short term lodging and meeting room space while enjoying activities and conducting business in Whistler.
The Whistler Athletes' Centre Lodge and Townhomes welcome carded athletes/coaches, provincial athletes/teams, sport associations/clubs, special event participants & volunteers, educational groups, and arts & culture organizations.
- 79 nightly Lodge rooms, 3 nightly Townhomes
- Long term leases available
High Performance Training Centre (HPTC)
Available exclusively for targeted Canadian athletes, the HPTC features a 4,000 square foot strength and conditioning gym, a 5,000 square foot gymnastics hall, recovery and regeneration rooms, change rooms with shower facilities, exercise physiology testing room, rental offices, and a 1,300 square foot multi-purpose room. Bookings for targeted athletes are possible directly with the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific, more information on the gym, eligibility of athletes and how to reserve training time is available here.
Most Accessible Accommodation/Training Facility in Whistler
The Lodge and the High Performance Training Centre are fully accessible, including accessible/wheel in washrooms/showers. The Whistler Athletes' Centre is the only lodging and training facility in Whistler that provides this level of accessibility.
For Whistler’s Community: ‘The Hub’
Fully equipped multi‐purpose gym ‘The Hub’ (2nd floor of HPC) for community fitness (more information here):
- Regular/scheduled fitness classes for Whistler residents and guests
- Available for rent for meetings, dry land training or athlete testing, workshops, for local businesses and sport organizations, personal trainers as well as national, provincial or local sport organizations coming to Whistler for camps or competitions
Proximity to Key Venues
- Whistler Olympic Park: 15 km (cross-country skiing, biathlon, Nordic combined, ski jumping, roller skiing, trail running, mountain biking, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Sliding Centre: 5 km (bobsleigh, luge, skeleton, meeting room rentals, team building events)
- Whistler Mountain: 4 km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking, trail running)
- Blackcomb Mountain: 8 km (alpine skiing, snowboarding, ski/board cross course, half-pipe, summer glacier skiing, hiking, trail running)
- Whistler Lakes and Rivers: 1 to 8 km (paddling and rowing sports, open-water swimming, triathlon)
- Whistler Trails and Roads: less than 1 km (mountain biking, road cycling, crosscountry running)
- Vancouver International Airport: 128 km
Our priority is to support athletes and teams on their journey to the podium. Our Sport Services team will customize your arrangements: from accommodation and fueling to training and extracurricular activities, Sport Services can help you plan your stay in Whistler from beginning to end. Whether you are an independent athlete or a team, Sport Services will help you make the most of every moment.
The Whistler Athletes’ Centre offers multi-purpose meeting and event rooms for groups of various sizes. We can assist you by facilitating any needs for catering, audio visual equipment and any other requirement to ensure the success of your event. Contact us!
Complimentary parking is available directly adjacent to the Whistler Athletes’ Centre.
Pets are not permitted in the Whistler Athletes' Centre buildings with the exception of service dogs.