Women and Leadership Workshops
Whistler Sport Legacies is hosting the CAAWS workshops as part of viaSport’s #LevelTheField campaign, a movement to create a more inclusive sport culture in British Columbia.
The workshops are directed at women and leaders who work/volunteer in recreation and/or sport. Everyone is welcome! Cost is $15.00 + GST/workshop. Workshop location is Whistler Athletes Centre, Performance Hub, 1090 Legacy Way, Whistler BC.
Registration: Please download the registration form below and send it to Tami Mitchell, Manager, Program Development, by email.
Tuesday, November 8, 2016: “Conflict Management” (6:00-9:00pm)
- Consider sources of conflict and the cost of leaving conflict unresolved
- Consider five styles for dealing with conflict, identify your preferred style
- and discuss situations when each style should be employed
- Review tips for effective conflict management
Tuesday, March 7 2017: “Influencing Change” (6:00-9:00pm)
- Identify elements of effective change movements
- Review tips for being heard and improving your listening skills
- Discuss approaches on how to influence others
About the CAAWS’ “Women and Leadership Program”:
The Canadian Association for Advancement of Women and Sport’s (CAAWS) Women and Leadership Program consists of a series of five professional development sessions that blend theory with practical applications, and provide an opportunity for women working or volunteering in the sport or physical activity sector to share experiences, reflect on ideas and apply specific techniques. Redeveloped since 2014, the Women and Leadership Workshops feature new content and relevant discussion for today’s young professionals and experienced leaders. The sessions also allow for networking opportunities among participants.