Our Public Bobsleigh Program is an activity for your 'bucket list' – and now you can do it in the summer! All it takes is a bobsleigh equipped with wheels, a trained pilot and four enthusiastic passengers. After a safety orientation and a tour of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games venue including an exclusive track walk, your “Rolling Thunder” team will reach speeds of up to 90 km/hr in the final "Thunderbird Corner". Summer bobsleigh runs seven days a week, rain or shine, so it’s the perfect addition to your time in Whistler.
- $99 (plus tax) per adult (19+)
- One child (ages 12-18) slides for FREE with an adult (ratio 1 child : 1 paying adult)
- Additional children: 50% off
- “Rolling Thunder” will be operating again in Summer 2017
- Booking will be available in Spring 2017
- Other Family & Group Discounts available
- Advance booking is recommended, full payment is required at time of booking
- No prior experience is required. All participants must be 12 years or older at the time of the experience, meet the physical requirements (outlined in our Know Before You Go) and be prepared for an exhilarating ride.
- For more information, read the "Know Before You Go", or contact us (email or phone: 604-964-0040)
- Activity Location: Whistler Sliding Centre, 4910 Glacier Lane, Whistler BC, V0N1B4. How to get here
Your finish photo will be available after your ride here/on our Smugmug page, you are welcome to share it on social media!
- We have a 7 day cancellation policy, whereby any cancellations within 7 days of your slide time will be non-refundable. Any cancellations outside of 7 days from your slide time are refundable minus the $20 administration fee.
- Booking changes and amendments are subject to a $20 administration fee. Changes to reservation date or time are subject to availabilty.
- In the event that a session is cancelled (at the discretion of WSC) participants will have the choice of a full refund or re-scheduling
Sliding Sport Programs
In addition to the public skeleton (winter) and bobsleigh programs (winter & summer), interested public can get involved in sliding sports and attend regular training sessions at the Whistler Sliding Centre throughout the winter seasons. Programs are offered for luge, skeleton and bobsleigh. More information is available here.